CSAOM is a 501(c6) non-profit membership organization of Licensed Acupuncturists in the state of Connecticut.
CSAOM has been a vehicle for the advancement of the acupuncture profession in Connecticut. Our goal is to promote the growth and preserve the integrity of our profession in our state through educational, legislative and referral listings.
- Chinese Medicine for Nails, Hair, and Cellulite, taught by Virginia Doran, LAc, 2016
- The Management and Assessment of Orthopaedic Conditions, taught by Tim Trahant, PT, LAc, 2015
- Public Education Committee formed 2014
- Billing Seminar March, 2014 by Mori West of AcuClaims, Inc.
- Newtown emergency response clinic established to provide treatment to community of shooting victims, 2013
- Insurance Committee formed to improve payments, 2013.
- Billing Seminar May, 2013 by Mori West of AcuClaims, Inc.
- Continuing Education Committee formed to provide seminars, 2013
- CSAOM has been highly effective in Hartford by representing the interests and concerns of our members to the State Legislature.
Title Protection legislation (Public Act 09-21) for licensed acupuncturists was passed in 2009.
Every October 24th is designated a statewide Acupuncture Day along with national awareness day efforts.
2008-2012 raising awareness by participating in Acupuncture Demo Day at the State Legislative Office Building.
As a member of CSAOM, your voice is added to those of other colleagues, students, schools, organizations and patients in meeting the challenges of a young and rapidly growing profession. Your membership helps raise the visibility of your profession and increases patient access to acupuncture services throughout the state. As a member, benefit by having peace of mind knowing you are supporting and participating in a strong professional association that effectively serves you and your professional interests.